Redecorating your home or combining two households? Not a problem, Hunter Douglas professionals can help you blend your styles, whether you need complete interior design help or help selecting new window treatments. Authorized Hunter Douglas dealers must prove themselves with specialized training and certifications in window treatments, interior design, installation and measuring. Talk to the experts at Perfect Fit Window Fashions serving Bonita Springs about your upcoming project and we’ll be happy to help! In the meantime, follow these decorating tips to help you achieve the perfect eclectic look.
The 80/20 Rule
A general rule of thumb when combining styles is the 80/20 rule. For example, if your main style is traditional than that would make up 80% of your décor, including your large pieces of furniture that are either hard to give up or hard to replace. The remaining 20% would be the new design style you want to introduce, such as that pop of color, texture, or pattern. Keep in mind, if you group too many things together from one style, it will draw too much attention and throws everything off balance. Instead, split up your items and distribute them evenly throughout the space.
Mix Things Up with something Modern
One of the most common design styles is traditional. It’s comfortable and familiar. If you want to prevent a traditional room from looking too stuffy and old-fashioned, then mix things up with something modern, by adding brightly colored throw pillows to your furniture or new modern window treatments, such as the Pirouette® Window Shadings by Hunter Douglas. These window treatments are perfect when bridging the gap between traditional and modern styles. The unique design of this window treatment provides soft horizontal fabric vanes attached to a single sheer backing. When raised or lowered, you can transform your home from traditional to modern.
- Fully lower the vanes allowing them to flatten for a smooth, more modern look.
- Slightly raise the vanes for a more traditional, contoured look.
- Fully open the vanes to provide a clear view to the outside.
A Common Color Pulls Two Styles Together
When you’re blending two different styles, consider pulling them together with a common color. You don’t need to stick to just one common color, you can add a bit more interest with a color combo. You can even use your window treatments to tie everything together. For example, Duette® Honeycomb Shades from Hunter Douglas are available in 39 different fabrics with a total of 424 colorways. Not only can you match or coordinate colors, this premium honeycomb collection has a wide selection of opacities and textures to choose from, which is perfect when combining design styles.
Home is Where you Hang your Hat
At the end of the day, it only matters if your space is comfortable to you. Any combination of styles can work. From rustic to contemporary, or modern to bohemian. As they say, anywhere you hang your hat is home! We invite you to visit our showroom for more design tips and to view the complete line of Hunter Douglas Window Treatments.
Combining Design Styles in Bonita Springs
Visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers. Contact us today for a design consultation – we’re looking forward to serving you!