The kitchen is the heart of any house. It is where you start your morning with a cup of coffee or tea, gather and talk about the days events while you cook dinner, and end the evening with a snack before going to bed. Setting the tone for this hard working space should reflect your décor and lifestyle and the possibilities are endless. The functional use of your kitchen dictates the type of window treatments that will work well in that environment. The window covering experts at Perfect Fit Window Fashions, serving the Ft. Myers area, can help you make a selection that works and looks perfectly in your kitchen.
There a few questions you need to answer before selecting that perfect blind, shade, shutter, drapery or top treatment for your kitchen.
Today, window treatment options are endless and there is a solution to fit virtually everyone’s budget. Having a budget in mind will help you in the selection process. Get a better understanding of your budget with these considerations:
- Take an inventory of how many windows you are considering covering
- Are any windows directly above the sink?
- Is there a sliding or French door that needs covered?
- Do you have a specialty shape window such as bay window, skylight, etc.?
- Does your kitchen open up to another room in an “open concept” design?
Consider when the sun enters the kitchen and how it affects the seating and cooking spaces during the day. The last thing you want is damaging UVA rays fading your cushions or drying out your wood cabinets.
- Do you want a window treatment that you can rotate and tilt slats to angle the sun up or down?
- Do you want a window treatment that can either filter or block out the sun completely?
- Are there times of the day you would like the window treatment to disappear off the window?
Privacy is always something to take into consideration especially if your kitchen window looks directly into your neighbor’s family room or a busy street for example. A semi opaque or opaque window treatment might be a good idea in this case.
Blind Window Treatment Ideas with Slats that Tilt
The Hunter Douglas blind collection will meet your functional requirements, as well as your décor style. Here are a few blind suggestions that work great in the kitchen:
- Reveal® with MagnaView® Aluminum Blinds – Tilt feature lets more natural light in, slats bounce back when withstanding rough treatment and have a Dust Shield™ finish that repels dust.
- Everwood® Wood Blinds – Alternative wood blinds in realistic wood-grain or painted finishes are built to withstand heat and humidity.
- Somner® Vertical Blinds – Largest selection of colors, treatments, textures in fabric, vinyl, and aluminum. Perfect for large windows or sliding doors.
Shade Window Treatments Ideas that Rise or Lower
Hunter Douglas Window Treatments shade collection offers a variety of styles and the most energy efficient shades on the market today. Here are a few shade suggestions that work well in a kitchen:
- Duette® Honeycomb Shades – Duette shades come in multiple cell sizes, horizontal or vertical application, sheer to opaque light-control options, designed with energy efficiency and available in hundreds of colors & textures
- Provenance® Woven Wood Shades – They come in five styles, are hand-woven, light-filtering reeds, grasses and woods, that transform sunlight and add interest at the window
- Designer Studio™ Roman Shades – Timeless fabrics and available in four distinct styles with complementary valances
- Screen & Roller Shades – Excellent UV protection while maintaining a view and are available in sturdy and easy-to-clean fabrics
Plantation Shutters Ideas
- Hunter Douglas Shutters are timeless and provide a clean universal look throughout the house, and especially in the kitchen.
- Heritance® Hardwood Shutters – Crafted from real wood and available in large selection of stain and painted finishes.
- NewStyle™ Hybrid Shutters – A blend of real wood and advanced modern-day materials to create a durable window covering
- Palm Beach™ Polysatin Shutters – Constructed with UV resistant polysatin compound, guaranteed never to warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor, regardless of extreme heat or moisture
Drapery and Top Treatments
Personalize your window coverings even more with draperies, valances, cornices or top treatments, alone or layered with another window treatment. For example, place a cornice made from a patterned fabric over a Duette honeycomb shade.
Don’t be afraid to mix and match window treatments to reflect your character and decorating style. For added convenience, add motorization to your blind or shade.
Kitchen Window Treatments in Fort Myers, FL
Visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers. Contact us today for a design consultation – we’re looking forward to serving you!