You can control light with the addition of window treatments. The materials and opacities you select will provide different effects. At Perfect Fit Window Fashions serving Naples, our professional sales consultants will be happy to discuss lighting elements and how your window treatment choices can impact them. For example:
- Blinds with louvers like Heritance® Hardwood Shutters will allow you to tilt the light up or down
- A semi-opaque fabric in a Duette® Honeycomb Shade will soften the light
- The natural fibers used in Provenance® Woven Textures will filter light gently
The direction a window faces determines the type of light it lets in.
- Southern or Western Exposure—Warm light coming from the window
- Eastern or Northern Exposure—Cool light coming from the window
Every Room Should Have Three Levels of Lighting
- Task to work by
- General illumination to get fill the space; it usually comes from the ceiling
- Mood lighting, which usually comes from the floor up
You don’t have to turn them all on at once, but it will change your space and give you new looks during the evening.
Incandescent Versus LED Bulbs
Many people stock up on the old LED light bulbs because they don’t know how to use the new ones. Today, lighting is one of the most changed elements of design we have, and we need to learn “How to Use It.”
– The old incandescent bulb wastes 90% of its energy as heat, not light
– LED (Light-Emitting Diode) is at least 75% more efficient than the traditional incandescent light bulb
So Why Not Use Them?
There are a lot of powerful design elements in one little bulb! You just need to find the right one for your lifestyle. First, let’s look at the colors in the space.
- Colors like magenta, red, red-orange, orange, gold, and yellow are warm, and using a warm light bulb is usually a good choice.
- Colors like green, teal, blue, indigo, and purple would look best with lights that are cool.
Remember that the lampshade also makes a difference in how the light appears. If it is gold, a cool light bulb is the better choice. If you do nothing else, go buy several LED bulbs to try. As you use them at different times of day and in different rooms, take before and after pictures so you can see the results for yourself.
Room-Lighting Options in Fort Myers FL Area
Visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers. Contact us today for a design consultation – we’re looking forward to serving you!