If you’re a homeowner, you know the feeling of constantly balancing keeping your home up to date with maintaining your budget. Which is why it’s frequently tempting for many homeowners to make repairs and upgrades on their own. However, sometimes they can bite off more than they can chew. At Perfect Fit Window Fashions serving Bonita Springs, we know that drive to do it all on your own—and we also know that it can be smarter (and sometimes even cheaper) to call in a pro. Read on for some tips on how to determine if it’s OK to DIY.
Before Starting a Project
Before you get too far down the road, consider the following to determine if it might be better to hire a contractor:
- Will I stay safe? The renovation or project could lean on the dangerous side, especially if electricity or precarious heights are involved. Before installing that new fuse box or trying to replace those shingles, ask yourself if you could get injured doing it. If the answer is yes, it’s time to call a pro.
- Do I have the skills? Some smaller home projects can be easy enough to take care of on your own, but some of the more complicated tasks require practice and skill. Are you comfortable taking on a major renovation if it means you might be learning as you go? As a general rule of thumb, you’ll more likely want to contract with a licensed professional if you’re looking to fix anything involving electricity, water, or heat sources.
- Do I want to give up my time? Saving money could be the carrot on the stick, but you might find yourself giving up your evenings, weekends, and any other spare moment outside of your regular job. Plus, if you’re hoping to have the project done soon, you might not have enough spare hours to take care of it. Hiring someone to take care of the project might be your best solution.
DIY and Window Treatments
Your local home goods store certainly carries off-the-shelf window treatments, and you might have even been tempted to purchase those shades, blinds, or draperies to install on your own at home. However, you might find that you’re not happy with that solution in the long run. When you purchase from Perfect Fit Window Fashions, here’s what you’ll get from our customization and professional installation:
- Proper fit and measurement, including knowledge of how to manage windows that aren’t perfectly square.
- Knowledge of mounting depth.
- The view to whether if the window’s woodwork or hardware (like cranks) will be an installation issue—and knowledge of how to solve it.
- Advice on how furniture placement might impact your final look.
- Knowledge about how to install the treatment for the best light control.
Really, anything less than a perfect fit means less than perfect performance and aesthetics. So go ahead and spend a little extra on hiring professionals—it will be money well spent.
Professionally Installed Window Treatments in the Naples, Bonita Springs FL Areas
Visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers. Contact us today for a design consultation– we’re looking forward to serving you!