Buying window treatments can be stressful. That’s why, at Perfect Fit Window Fashions serving Bonita Springs, we do our best to make the process as smooth as possible, from helping you determine your needs and goals to helping you find the right look to fit your décor. This includes kitchen window treatments, which certainly don’t have to be bland. We’ve rounded up a handful of treatments that work great in the kitchen—check them out below!
Five Kitchen Window Treatments
No matter the room, window placement is important, and that’s especially true in the kitchen, where the room can be hot, there can be cooking splatter, or there can be high humidity. If your window is near where food prep can cause grease splatters or steam can impact the treatment, a covering made of easily cleanable faux wood or vinyl might be best. If your window isn’t near that sort of “danger,” a window covering made of a material like fabric or woven wood could be good. Here are five treatments we frequently recommend for kitchens:
- Faux Wood Blinds or Shutters. Faux is great for withstanding grease and other cooking messes. Everwood® Alternative Wood Blinds from Hunter Douglas look just like the real thing and are guaranteed not to warp, fade, bow, or yellow, even when near high heat. Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters are great at resisting stains and are guaranteed not to crack, chip, or warp, even in the kitchen.
- Cellular Shades. Duette® Honeycomb Shades are energy efficient, constructed of honeycomb cells that help insulate at the window. You can find them in a variety of fabrics, colors, and textures, as well as numerous pleat sizes and opacities.
- Modern Roman Shades. Bringing a touch of class and elegance in the room, Roman shades combine the softness of drapery with crisp, clean folds. If your kitchen is all white or features lots of stainless, you can add some pizzazz with the color, pattern, or texture of the materials Vignette® Modern Roman Shades are made of.
- Woven Wood Shades. Another way to soften the hardness of stainless steel and kitchen appliances is through natural materials, like bamboo, grasses, and reeds. Provenance® Woven Wood Shades can withstand sun and can resist stretching, bowing, fading, and breaking.
- Sheer Shadings. Sheers can soften light entering the space and leave the room with a welcoming glow. Silhouette® Window Shadings are designed with the Signature S-Vane™ that appears to be floating between two sheers. Pirouette® Window Shadings offer beautifully contoured fabric vanes attached to a sheer backing.
Finding Kitchen Treatments in the Naples, Bonita Springs FL Area
Visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers. Contact us today for a design consultation– we’re looking forward to serving you!