In today’s economy, deciding to stay in your home or sell and move on is a tough decision. There are so many wonderful homes and neighborhoods here in Bonita Springs. If you love your area, then a little remodeling might just give you the house of your dreams without the hassle and expense of a move.
Making a list of what you like and dislike about your home is a great starting point. Then ask yourself:
- What is my motivation for remodeling? For example, do you need a bigger kitchen, or would just a facelift do?
- Is there a big event coming up that I need to be ready for, such as the holidays, a graduation, or a new baby?
- Can I live through a remodel?
- Do I need to plan out my remodeling project over time or do it all at once?
- Do I need to hire a professional or can I do some of it on my own?
- Do I have a realistic budget?
The Internet is also a great resource to find tips and ideas. These sites are particularly helpful:
- Houzz.com – offers the largest collection of interior design ideas, photos and professionals in your area on the Internet
- Pinterest.com – is a visual tool that allows you to view and collect ideas on various projects or interests.
- Company websites, like HGTV.com, DIY.com, HunterDouglas.com, Olympic.com, etc. can also provide you with valuable information
Having a well thought out plan in mind before you jump in to any remodeling project will ensure you end up with your desired results and a home that you can live in for many more years to come. If you’re not sure where to start, consider these smaller remodeling projects:
- New window treatments to change the way light is filtered in your rooms.
- Wallpaper or paint to create brighter rooms and a fresh new look.
- Re-upholstered furniture to create a new color scheme or theme in your home.
Choosing Your Home Improvement Vendors
Unless you’re doing all your remodeling yourself, you’ll need to select vendors and contractors. Look for partners who will listen to you and will make your project a top priority. Although remodeling can be costly, it’s not a time to make selections on price. Consider product quality and manufacturer reputation for long-lasting window treatments, flooring, and wall coverings. Before you make any product decisions, make sure you understand warranty and lifetime repair specifics.
Home Improvement in Bonita Springs
Visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers. Contact us today for a design consultation – we’re looking forward to serving you!