Silhouette® window shadings are one of the most popular products for our Naples area customers. People love them for their soft look of drapery combined with the privacy and light control of a shade. They are a stunning window treatment, both when they’re first installed and for years to come.
Many people ask us how to keep their Silhouette window shadings looking new. Fortunately for customers, Silhouette window shading fabric has been treated with a proprietary process that repels dust, soil and stains. In fact, all of Hunter Douglas window treatments are designed for easy care and cleaning.
For everyday cleaning of your Silhouette window shadings you can:
- Lightly dust your shades. A feather duster works great.
- For a deeper cleaning try gently vacuuming your shades with the brush attachment that comes with most vacuums.
- To clean in between the vanes, you can use compressed air or try a hair dryer set on cool, not heat to blow dust away.
- If spot cleaning is needed, use a soft cloth or sponge moistened with lukewarm water. If necessary, add mild detergent and gently blot the fabric.
In addition to the cleaning and maintenance you can do yourself, there are also professional cleaning methods you can have done every once in awhile to keep your Silhouette window shadings looking like new:
- Injection/extraction cleaning system: This method of cleaning injects a cleaning solution into the fabric and immediately extracts the dirty solution. This service is usually done in the home so there is no need to remove the shade from the window.
- Professional ultrasonic cleaning: This method is best for shades that are heavily soiled. Ultrasonic cleaning takes the shade and dips it into a tank of warm water and mild detergent and then sound waves are used to clean the fabric.
Silhouette Window Shadings in Naples FL
We are here for you before, during, and after the sale. If you have questions about how to care for your Hunter Douglas window fashions, contact us today – we’re looking forward to serving you! Or, visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers for a design consultation.