Some upgrades can make a home more livable, and some make it more attractive. Not all of them will give a good return on that investment—but some will. In fact, some home upgrades might actually increase your home’s total value when you go to sell. At Perfect Fit Window Fashions serving Naples, Florida, we like to keep tabs on home-related info so we can help our customers understand options. Read on to learn about some of the upgrades recently determined to potentially increase the overall value of a home.
Paying for Your Upgrade
Whether you’re thinking of selling now or in the future, some of these updates might make financial sense to the overall aesthetic and/or value of your home. However, remember that, even if you do recoup some of the value of the update when you sell the home, you will still have an initial outlay of cash—and many home renovations or updates can be fairly pricey. Be sure to speak to a professional financial advisor to determine ways to pay for your renovation and whether it makes sense for your pocketbook or if you should hold off. Each of the options below come at different price points, so be sure to research carefully to understand what you might invest in.
Updating to new siding (like vinyl or fiber-cement) or manufactured stone (especially in an entryway) or hanging a new garage door can drastically enhance the exterior look of your home and make it more appealing to buyers and neighbors alike.
The most used room in most homes, the kitchen is also the fastest to date a home. Updating appliances and countertops, refacing cabinets, changing out the flooring, and repainting the walls can give your kitchen a more modern feel, which might alone encourage a potential buyer to increase their bid.
Updated window fashions can improve a home in a number of ways.
- Shutters or wood/faux wood blinds. If you choose these products for several of your windows, you might see your home value climb. Hunter Douglas offers numerous options, such as Heritance® Hardwood Shutters, NewStyle® Hybrid Shutters, and Parkland® Wood Blinds.
- Curb appeal. Having new treatments can give your home a consistent look from the outside, which can appeal to a buyer and make them more eager to purchase.
- Energy efficiency. They might not actually increase the value of your home, but energy-efficient treatments like Duette® Honeycomb Shades or Sonnette® Cellular Roller Shades can help reduce energy costs, which might, in turn, help you recoup the cost of those shades after time if you stay in the home yourself.
- Reduced re-spend. If you select off-the-shelf coverings instead of custom treatments, you will likely find that the quality and longevity won’t be there—you might have to replace those treatments frequently, which won’t save you (or a future homeowner) any money.
- Perceived value. Even if they don’t contribute directly to increasing a home’s value, new window treatments can help make a space more elegant, inviting, decadent, and luxurious, which could give your home an overall increased perceived value from a potential buyer.
If window treatments are on your list of presale improvements, be sure to speak with one of our representatives to determine some of the best options for your situation, needs, and presale budget.
Home Upgrades in the Naples, Bonita Springs FL Area
Visit our showroom in Estero, FL, serving the areas of Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples and Ft. Myers. Contact us today for a design consultation– we’re looking forward to serving you!